Hello South Africa Audio Phrasebook App – 11 Languages of South Africa includes:
- Over 500 phrases in each of South Africa’s 11 official languages
- A selection of 30 useful topics – from shopping to business to sport to sightseeing to safari – or simply asking for directions – there is something for everyone!
- Corresponding high quality audio clips for all phrases (spoken by mother tongue speakers)
- Refreshing insight into South Africa’s rich linguistic and cultural makeup
- User-friendly navigation system to help you find the phrase you need, when you need it
- Phrase search functionality allows you to have the desired phrase at your fingertips
- All content has been written by distinguished professors and lecturers from the African Languages Departments of renowned South African Universities
- Android OS & BlackBerry OS compatible
- Now available on the iTunes App Store for iPhone and iPad! Go to http://bit.ly/VC9ziZ and get the App!
Hello South Africa Audio Phrasebook App – 11 Languages of South Africa is a mobile celebration of South Africa’s rich multilingualism and multiculturalism – at your fingertips. This mobile app is a well-researched and highly effective communication tool for both visitors and local South Africans alike. It is a fun and useful tool for interacting with people who speak any of South Africa’s 11 official languages. It has been created and designed to promote the use of all of South Africa’s 11 official languages, advocating speaking with people in their Mother Tongues and capturing the essence and vibrant spirit of Ubuntu (meaning ‘humanity to others’ or ‘I am what I am because of who we all are’). It translates more than 500 useful phrases in 30 topics into each of our official languages, and with the high quality audio clips for each phrase, spoken by a mother tongue speaker, makes for the perfect mobile communication tool! The translations have been done by distinguished professors and lecturers in the African Languages Departments of renowned South African Universities. Hello South Africa Audio Phrasebook App – 11 Languages of South Africa also boasts informative insight into South Africa’s rich linguistic and cultural makeup, written by leaders in the fields of linguistics and social anthropology. The user-friendly navigation and useful search functionality allows quick and easy access to the phrase you need when you need it. Hello South Africa Audio Phrasebook App – 11 Languages of South Africa serves as an invaluable communication tool, fostering goodwill and mutual respect between the people of our unique and wonderful land, South Africa.